- What do we do when we face ridicule and disappointment?
- Where is our faith when discouragement is the only emotion we feel?
- Where is the big life of promise when our whole life seems to be imploding around us?
- How can we respond when alone and facing temptation?
- Where is God when we can’t “find” Him?
- How do we respond when a delay seems to be permanent?
We all can face discouragement stemming from disappointment. It’s is part of the human experience that can derail our dreams OR launch us to a greater FAITH experience. The difference between the two results is our response to the initial disappointing circumstance.
- Discouragement is a self-focus that robs us of vision. Unchecked, discouragement quickly builds to resentment and offense.
- Faith is a God focus that rebuilds our hope and acts as a salve to fend off the infection of resentment.
When you are disappointed, fend off discouragement by focusing on God. God has not left you. His word that was true is still true. His promise that was made is still made. He not only knows the plans he has for you he knows YOU…inside and out.
Remember, God birthed your dreams as part of his plan. His timing is perfect. Be patient as he turns your dreams into your fruit.Why would you ever complain, O Jacob, or, whine, Israel, saying, “God has lost track of me. He doesn’t care what happens to me”? Don’t you know anything? Haven’t you been listening? God doesn’t come and go. God lasts. He’s Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn’t get tired out, doesn’t pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything, inside and out. He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts. For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall. But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don’t get tired, they walk and don’t lag behind. Isaiah 40:27-30
And with your running, you even leave disappointment behind.
Help us to spread God’s word. Email a link to your friends, like us on FB, share us on Twitter and StumbleUpon! Click here to receive the Daily Dose in your INBOX…