Like trees planted along the riverbank.
They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do. – Psalm 1:3
- They are like trees planted along the riverbank
- In our spiritual journey we need to be planted. We cannot spend our time moving from church to church. We need to find a church home and stick. If you plant a tree for a season, up root it and plant it in another location you stunt it’s growth. So too with us.
- bearing fruit each season
- We need to bear fruit each season. Last season’s fruit may have been great, but in each season God is doing a new thing. We need to be bearing new fruit in each season.
- Their leaves never wither
- By staying planted in a church, and spending your own time with God (daily devotionals, prayer, etc) you will stay fed and not wither. If the only time you are being fed is on a Sunday, that makes a long time between drinks.
- and they prosper in all they do
- God loves to bless his children. By staying planted, bearing fruit and keeping a relationship with God, you open yourself up for God’s blessing
So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.” - Luke 11:13
Four simple things, but often the simple things can be the most life impacting.
Help us to spread God’s word. Email a link to your friends, like us on FB, share us on Twitter and StumbleUpon! Click here to receive the Daily Dose in your INBOX…