Suck it up & Grab Your “yet I…”
Sometimes it just doesn’t happen the way that we want.
- The fruit buds but just won’t grow.
- The breakthrough doesn’t come through.
- The blessings seem to slip between our fingers.
- The memory of wins fade when new battles rage.
- The voices of doubt rage in your head as well as in front of your face.
While doubt and failures muddy our life view; there is still hope if we suck it up, walk it off and believe anyway. It is at these times that our most effective faith step is to stand and grab hold of our “yet I…”
Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign LORD is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights. Habakkuk 3:19
- …find happiness in God’s grace.
- …read His word and find every answer for my every problem.
- …am accepted totally and without merit (don’t have to earn His acceptance).
- …see and believe God’s promises of deliverance and salvation.
- …trust in His covering.
- …speak His promises over my world.
- …wait patiently as He renews my strength.
God’s wants us to find His joy in Him, not in our circumstances. Why? Because while our circumstances can and do change, God’s love is never ending.
God loves us and wants to be a blessing to our lives. His promise is that our buds will blossom and produce fruity. God is true to His word.
Be patient, suck it up, walk it off and believe anyway.
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. Luke 18:1
We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. 2 Corinthians 4:8
How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior! Luke 1:47
Then my soul will rejoice in the LORD and delight in his salvation. Psalm 35:9
Click here to receive the Daily Dose in your INBOX…CLICK the FB Icon to like us, re-tweet and/or email for your unchurched friends.