Confession…Three Steps to Inner Healing
Confess: admit or state that one has committed a crime or is at fault in some way
Most of us are psychologically programmed to resist confessing fault. Why?
CONFESSION = PUNISHMENT
God’s way is opposite from our way. God’s way says that if we confess, we are forgiven. He doesn’t have to ask “who did that?” God already knows. He only wants us to trust Him enough to confess, to forgive ourselves and to share the burden of our weaknesses with others.
CONFESSION = FREEDOM
Three Verses for Inner Healing
- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
- Whoever lacks these things is shortsighted and blind, forgetting that they were cleansed from their past sins. 2 Peter 1:9
- Therefore, make it your habit to confess your sins to one another and to pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. James 5:16
Three steps to inner healing:
- Confess your sin to God and receive (take delivery of) forgiveness
- Admit your fault to self and release (set free) self guilt
- Invite friends to pray for your weaknesses and receive (take delivery of) healing through agreement
It all starts with trust…the only loss you risk is the guilt you hold onto.
Get your inspiration…renew your fire…pour into God’s word and rearm yourself for your fight.Click here to receive the Daily Dose in your INBOX…CLICK the FB Icon to like us, re-tweet and/or email for your unchurched friends.